Thursday 30 October 2008

Ride to Carrick

Last August was the first August in 27 years that I spent outside of Portugal. Let's say that there is a big difference to what I was used to - In Portugal people go crazy in the beach while the interior is left deserted.

Here, the weather wasn't really that good, so I decided to take the weekend to ride around Scotland.


I woke up Saturday to find a very gray day, with hints of rain. I first decided to stay at home but after lunch my thought was "if I'm waiting for a better weather, I may as well get back to Portugal!"
So I went out, not too far away in case it would start pouring!

The map told me there was a little castle close to Glasgow, in Carrick, a place I hadn't gone to.

Although it was a very small ride, it deserves a post with a couple of pics.


Getting there, the landscape was typically Scottish


One hour later I got to Carrick




And there was the castle!!


On my way back I decided to go by my favourite valley close to Glasgow. Here I was getting there


...and here's the valley!



This was just the warm-up for the Sunday's ride, so don't loose the next post!

No comments: